Friday, July 24, 2009

Its a Wrap!

Recently, I've been looking a lot at the Sierra Club's Green Tip Library. This one is my favorite tip. I have even gotten my family to follow this advice.

"Gift-giving is not an especially green activity – fancy paper and shiny bows get thrown out by the bagful, and some papers can’t be recycled. Instead:

  • Reuse colorful materials from around the house, such as maps and magazines.
  • If you use wrapping paper – or are given it on a gift by someone else – salvage the paper for future gifts and collect the intact bows. You’ll be saving dollars, trees, and landfill space."

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely start using the idea of using things such as maps and magazines instead of wrapping paper. I love it because it is not only a way to conserve paper, but it's very creative as well! I would much rather have a gift given to me wrapped in something interesting than typical wrapping paper. This tip can change a normal- looking gift into a unique work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a pretty cool idea to use stuff around the house to wrap your gifts because while it's helping to save the earth it is also a great way to get people to think outside of the box and use their imaginations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really creative and thoughtful idea considering we already waste so much paper especially during the school year using excessive amounts of printer paper. Everyone should try to reuse their gift rap or materials around the house to sustain our planet and make one-of-a-kind wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete