Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Pingree Cold Testing my Goals!

Since late summer, I can proudly say that I've used almost no disposable paper products. My exceptions have been T.P. and paper towels in my classroom. Other than that, I've stuck with rags for cleaning, dish cloths, cloth napkins, and a handkerchief (sp?) for blowing my nose occasionally.

But now... I've caught the Pingree cold that's going around. My nose is running like a faucet, and my poor handkerchief is just not keeping up. Last night I rolled over in bed and thought that I'd started a raging bloody nose, only to discover that it was my nose draining. In desperation, I've had to turn to paper tissues. I feel awful every time I grab one, and I try to use them at least twice before tossing them, but that's hardly justification for abandoning my goals.

I guess I need to get a few more handkerchiefs, but I in my attempt to consume less resources, I've become uncomfortable with purchasing new things. What's a low impact girl to do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment